You can imagine that athletes must go through strenuous workouts to stay in tiptop shape. But of course it’s pretty much a full time job of any athletes’ requirement but to stay fit at all times. Bringing that same aesthetic to your local gym seems a bit far-fetched, but fitness guru and founder of Tone House New York, Alonzo Wilson has changed the game for your typical workout.
Fitness model at Wilhelmina Model Agency and former athlete, Alonzo Wilson has created New York City’s first ever extreme, athletic-based group fitness studio. Utilizing his BS Degree in Movement Science Education & Professional Instruction, he implements the movement training philosophy, proprietary equipment, and progressively challenging workouts normally geared towards the professional arena whilst bringing it to the mainstream in a small group setting. But lucky for us, Alonzo has shared with us 4 exercises that are compliant with or without the use of equipment along with the areas they focus on.
- Begin lying on your back with the medicine ball over your head.
- Engage the core and left the arms, ball and legs up to touch overhead. Do 20 times.
BENEFITS: Strengthens core
PUSH UP SQUAT JUMPS
- Begin in plank position. Complete one push-up and then jump your feet to your hands.
- Then, jump straight up as high as you can.
- Jump the feet back to starting plank position and repeat. Do 20 times.
BENEFITS: Strengthens legs and chest, heart rate elevation
LATERAL ROLLING PUSH UPS
- Begin in push-up position with right hand on top of a medicine ball.
- Roll the right arm out to the side laterally while you complete a push-up with your left arm.
- Do 10 times and then repeat with medicine ball under your left hand
BENEFITS: Strengthen core, shoulders and chest
- Begin in plank position.
- Complete one push-up and then flip over to the left and plant your left foot.
- Lift the right leg off the ground and touch your left toe with your left hand.
- Flip back over to starting position and repeat to the right. Continue alternating back and forth, 10 on each side.
BENEFITS: Strengthens arms, chest and core
BE SURE TO VISIT TONE HOUSE AT THEIR NEW LOCATION
32 E 31st St, New York, NY 10016
Show Comments (0)